Do you remember a while back when we smoked some chuck roasts to make pulled beef? We didn’t eat all that pulled beef by ourselves. No, some of it got vacuum sealed and frozen for a later date. Last night was one of those later dates. What do you do when you are sitting on a mountain of pulled beef and your wife goes out of town? Make Nachos!!
- Tortilla Chips
- Pulled Beef
- Refried Beans
- Cheese, any kind will do here, I used a mixture of cheddar and Mexican blend
- Pico de Gallo
- Sour Cream and guacamole if desired
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Warm up refried beans (makes it easier to spread on chips)
- Lay chips out flat on a plate or baking sheet. Spread on refried beans, top with gobs of cheese and pulled beef.
- Bake in oven 5-10 minutes or until cheese melts
- Top with pico de gallo, jalapenos, sour cream and guacamole.
One of the reasons we have a vacuum sealer is just for this reason. We smoke large quantities of meat (doesn’t take any extra charcoal or time) and then freeze them for quick meals later down the road. Or, for when Mrs. G goes out of town and I don’t feel like cooking just for myself. Pull a bag out of the freezer the night before and allow to defrost in the fridge. The next night, you can heat the bag in a gently boiling pot of water or nuke it in the microwave and you’ve got yourself a quick and easy meal. No muss, no fuss.