Looking for a dip to bring to your next party? Then look no further. Mrs. G whipped this up for a party we attended last weekend and it was a hit. I walked outside to say hello to some people and check out what was on the grill. By the time I got back, it was all gone! And there was already three salsas and dips on the table!
- 2 cups of mayonnaise (we prefer Duke’s if you can get it, just for Pete’s sake don’t use light mayo)
- 1/2 cup Herdez Tomatillo Verde Mexican Cooking Sauce
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 bunch of cilantro, roughly chopped
- 4-6 jalapenos, deveined, seeded and roughly chopped (we used 5)
- 2 one oz packets dry ranch dressing mix
- Add the first five ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth. You may want to start with 4 jalapenos and adjust the heat level by adding more later if it’s not spicy enough.
- Stir in the ranch packets and whisk to incorporate.
- Serve chilled. The longer it sits, the hotter it will get.
Super simple dip recipe that will WOW your friends. Creamy with a little bit of tang from the buttermilk and tomatillo sauce and a bit of kick on the end from the jalapenos. Once you start eating it, you won’t be able to stop until it’s all gone. Or you run out of chips. Whichever comes first.
Disclaimer – I have no association with either Duke’s or Herdez and received no incentive or compensation from them. Just products we like, feel free to sub in your favorite brands.