What kid doesn’t like pizza? I know Duke loves pizza and he’d probably eat it every night if I let him. Continuing on with the theme of finding kid friendly foods, I decided to try pizza rolls. Almost the same thing, minus the sauce. And different dough as we use Pilsbury Cresents instead of pizza dough.
With only 4 ingredients and a super quick cook time, this was a no brainer.
- 1 8oz can of Pilsbury Cresents
- Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning
- Optional – ranch or marinara sauce for dipping
- Preheat oven to 375
- Unroll the dough onto a piece of parchment paper. Pinch the seams of the dough and make one large rectangle
- Layer the pepperoni on the dough. Top with cheese to cover.
- Roll up tightly and slice into about 12 pieces.
- Place in the preheated oven and bake for about 12 minutes or until the dough is golden brown.
- Serve with either Ranch or marinara sauce.
This is a simple and quick recipe if you need to get food on the table in a hurry. Great for picky eaters. I’ve made this three times now and Duke always eats his fair share. He prefers to dip it in Ranch. I’ve tried to get him to dip it in marinara sauce, but he just won’t do it. Oh well, as long as he’s eating. I plan to try and cook this on the BGE next time just for fun…unless the weather is still in the high 90s. Sometimes I’m just too lazy to fire the Egg up and sit out in the heat when the oven does just as good a job and I can enjoy the AC.
***I realized after posting this that I had already done a post of pizza rolls but using pizza dough and pizza sauce back in 2012. You can find that post HERE ***